This is the 3rd generation Extended Cold Weather Clothing System (ECWCS) softshell jacket from Teesar. It’s made of comfortable, soft material and is quick-drying (not waterproof) so your warm bits dont’t stay wet and turn into cold bits.
These jackets are sized slightly large to fit over warming layers and kit. I am 6ft, 220 lbs and wear an XL t-shirt but this jacket in a large fits me comfortably.
This jacket is made to similar specs as the US Army’s Level 5 ECWCS jacket but at a fraction of the price.
- Wind-resistant 98/2 nylon/elastane construction
- Quick-drying and breathable
- Drawstring hood built into collar
- Full zip front with hook-and-loop storm flap
- 2 chest pockets
- 2 handwarmer pockets
- 2 Hook-and-loop flap shoulder pockets
- Adjustable elastic cuffs